2. Registration of Death from the Permanent Address as per Civil Registration and Census Record
A. Pre-application process
- Bhutanese Citizen/Special Resident registered in the Bhutan Civil Registration System.
- Duly completed application Form No. BCRS-DR-01;
- Original Citizenship Card/Special Resident Card of the deceased; and
Notification of Death/Statement of Death (BCRS-DR-SD-01).
- Notification of Death if death has occurred inside the health facility.
- Produce ‘Statement of Death (BCRS-DR-SD-01)’ by Tshogpa endorsed by the Gup for the Gewogs and Statement of Thromde Tshogpa/Thromde Representative for the Thromdes if the death has occurred outside the health facility.
You can download the forms from the link below: –
- BCRS-DR-01 (Death Registration Form)
- BCRS-DR-SD-01 (Statement of Death)
- Notification of Death issued by the Health Facility
*Forms are also available in hardcopy at the registration points.
B. Application process
- Community Service Centre (CSC);
- Drungkhag Civil Registration & Census Office (Only four Drungkhags namely; Lhamoizingkha, Phuentsholing, Tashichholing and Umling)
- Thromde Civil Registration and Census Office (TCRCO)
- Dzongkhag Civil Registration and Census Office (DzCRCO)
Step 1: Keep a copy of Notification of Death/Statement of Death.
Step 2: Fill up the Death Registration application form No. BCRS-DR-01.
Step 3: Fill up the Statement of Death by Tshogpa endorsed by the Gup for the Gewog and Statement of Thromde Tshogpa/Thromde Representative for the Thromdes if the death has occurred outside the health facility.
Step 4: Visit the registration point where the deceased census is registered with complete documents.
Step 5: Submit the duly completed documents to the registration point.
Step 6: Your application will be verified and endorsed by officials at the registration point.
Step 7: The official shall then process the application for death registration in the Bhutan Civil Registration System.
Step 8: Upon successful submission of the application, SMS alert with application number will be sent to the requestor’s mobile number.
Step 9: The application shall be verified and approved in BCRS by the Department of Civil Registration and Census officials.
Step 10: The death will be registered in the Bhutan Civil Registration System.
Step 11: SMS alert confirming the registration of death will be sent to the requestor’s mobile number.
Must produce the original Notification of Death/Statement of Death for the validation and surrender the Citizenship Identity Card/Special Resident Card at the registration point.
The timeframe to register death in the Bhutan Civil Registration System is a maximum of 21 days upon submission of completed documents.
C. Post- Application process
The application status can be traced from the G2C Citizen Service Portal VIEW STATUS with application ID No. received through the SMS.
- Civil Registration and Census Office in 20 Dzongkhags, 4 Thromdes, 4 Drungkhags (Lhamoizingkha, Phuentsholing, Tashichholing and Umling), Community Service Centres where you have submitted the documents.
- Trace contact from the link CONTACT LIST on the Department’s website.
- You can also contact your concerned Gup/Thromde Representative/Thromde Tshogpa.
● Service Evaluation Tool (SET) link
- eKaasel link eKaaSel (citizenservices.gov.bt)
- Toll free number 1199, Public Service Contact Center, PSDD, OPMC
- Department of Civil Registration and Census at https://dcrc.mohca.gov.bt
- Respective Dzongkhag and Thromde websites